The Institute of Financial Operations has named its new board of directors for 2014.
Board members beginning terms in 2014 are:
- Joe Flynn, founder and chief strategy officer of Lavante Inc., who will serve as vice chair, sponsor development
- Desiree Clayton, accounts payable director at Nordstrom
- Inna Le Guen, head of procurement center of expertise at Manulife Financial
- Mark Pearson, director of internal audit services and security at Boise Inc.
Board members continuing on are:
- Andre Hale, Disney Worldwide Shared Services, now senior vice chair, senior financial ops executives
- Kathy Strasser, WAUSAU Financial Systems, vice chair and treasurer
- Kathy Shannon, Costco Wholesale, vice chair and secretary
- Fidel Coutou, Rogers Communication Inc., vice chair, Canadian affairs
- Charles Kaplan, Perceptive Software Inc., now vice chair, global affairs
- William Lowman, Shuffield Lowman P.A., vice chair, legal and compliance
- Romil Bahl
- Brian M. Good, Diesel Jeans
- Kathy Hamburger, Hinduja Global Solutions
- Derrick Murphy, ibml
- Kathleen E. Romano, Verizon
- Stephen Urrutia, JPMorgan Chase & Company
About The Institute of Financial Operations
The Institute of Financial Operations is a membership-based professional association serving the entire financial operations ecosystem, with a particular focus on the accounts payable and accounts receivable disciplines and the related fields of information management and data capture. The Institute grew out of the merger of four associations: International Accounts Payable Professionals (IAPP), International Accounts Receivable Professionals (IARP), the National Association of Purchasing and Payables (NAPP), and The Association for Work Process Improvement (TAWPI).
Based in Orlando, Fla., with affiliates in the U.S., Canada, and the UK, The Institute serves as a global voice, chief advocate, recognized authority, acknowledged leader, and principal educator for people in financial operations. The Institute has a community of nearly 70,000, which includes 9,000 members and customers, and an additional 61,000 financial operations professionals.
The Institute’s members have access to benefits and leading-edge resources such as the award-winning Financial Ops magazine, a dynamic, content-rich website, educational and networking events, online educational offerings, certification and certificate programs, career resources, and volunteer opportunities.
The Institute of Financial Operations has named its new board of directors for 2014, including three new members.