Corporate Website Access
Lavante is committed to protecting your privacy. The following outlines our policies about information collection and use practices for our corporate web site.
We use "cookies" to help create a more effective and convenient site experience. By showing us how and when visitors use the site, "cookies" help us determine which areas are popular and which are not. Many improvements and updates to the site are based on data such as total number of visitors and pages viewed. Lavante does not store any sensitive information in the cookie.
Collection and Use Of Personal Information
Lavante may ask you to provide information about yourself(name, address, e-mail address, phone number, company, title, and other professional information) when requesting additional information or to obtain and participate in Lavante resources and events. Participation is optional. Continued use of some of the features on our website(s), however, may be conditioned upon providing such personal information. If you elect to give us your personal information over the Internet, Lavante will take reasonable precautions to ensure the security of your information including using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption when collecting or transferring sensitive data such as credit card information. SSL encryption is designed to make the information unreadable by anyone but us. This security measure is working when you see either the symbol of an unbroken key or closed lock (depending on your browser) on the bottom of your browser window. When contacting us for technical or customer support, your e-mail address will be used to respond to your query.
You may also remove yourself from our database by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org as a reply from the e-mail address you would like to unsubscribe from.
Links to Other Sites
California law governs this Policy, excluding conflicts of law principles. Any provision of this Policy that is illegal or unenforceable shall be deemed automatically conformed to the minimum requirements of law.
Effective Date: April 1, 2011
Your data will be stored and processed in whole or in part in the United State. If you access the Site outside of the United States, your usage of the Site constitutes consent to the transfer of your data out of your country and to the United States.
The Site captures usage information such as: date and time of visit, referring address (location from which a visitor comes to the Site), type of Internet browser, and visitor’s IP address and DNS name. This information helps us to support and improve the operation of the Site.
Collection of Information
Lavante offers products and services in the business-to-business market sector. As such, the information that Lavante collects about individuals is solely related to their role at a company, and not to them as a person or as a consumer. That said, Lavante does collect a person’s name, business contact information (e.g., business email address, business phone number, business fax number) and role within a company.
The business information we collect through the Site falls under one of the four categories:
- Public Profile Information. Public Profile Information includes your basic corporate or company information: its official name, headquarters address and contact information (including phone number), standard industry codes (SIC), geographical service scope, and the like.
- Controlled Profile Information. Controlled Profile Information includes more sensitive information such as federal tax ID number (TIN), reseller tax ID data, insurance information and the like.
- Customer-Specific Profile Information. Customer-Specific Profile Information includes information you provide for a specific Customer through the Site. This includes statements of accounts, bank account information, contract terms, Customer contact information and the like.
- Private Profile Information. Private Profile Information is protected and visible only to you. Your password and challenge question are protected for security purposes, and your Lavante Supplier Network registration status is visible only to you.
A complete list of information collected along with the associated categories is available here: Profile information categories. You acknowledge and agree that high level statistical reports relating to the Site may utilize Your business information so long as such reports contain only anonymous, aggregated data so as not to identify Your company, and that such reports may be reported publicly.
Sharing of Information
- Public Profile Information. Public Profile Information will be made available to (searchable by) Lavante Customers that use the Site Unless you opt-out of the Lavante Supplier Network, in which case your Public Profile Information will be shared only with your accepted Customer or Customer(s), as applicable.
- Controlled Profile Information. Controlled Profile Information will be shared only with your accepted Customers.
- Customer-Specific Profile Information. Customer Specific Profile Information will be shared only with the specific, accepted and applicable Customer for which you provided the Customer Specific Profile Information.
- Private Profile Information. Private Profile Information is not shared with anyone.
Commitment to Data Security
Lavante is committed to protecting the security and integrity of information maintained within the Site. We employ commercially reasonable security measures to prevent loss, misuse, alteration, and unauthorized access of information under our control. Some of those measures include:
- Multiple-level firewalls are used to secure the network.
- Data transmission is encrypted using industry-standard secure socket layer (SSL) technology.
- Digital certificates are used to verify our identity.
- Primary data center facility uses 24-hour video surveillance and security guards to control physical access.
- Comprehensive security monitoring is performed.
- Security scans are performed daily by a third party security specialist.
- A detailed backup and secure off-site storage strategy is in place.
- Redundant systems, power supplies, and network connections are in use.
Updating Your Information
As a vender or supplier you may edit your profile at any time by logging into the Site using your user ID and password. After successful login, you are able to update, correct, or delete your business information with exception of email address, legal company name and federal tax identification number, which we use to uniquely identify you and your company.
Opting out of Optional Communications
You may also opt out of receiving information about Lavante products, partner offerings, and other special offers and promotions by sending an email to email@example.com. In addition, all optional communications will include instructions on how to opt-out.
Opting-out of the Lavante Supplier Network
Any vendor or supplier may opt-out of participating in the Lavante Supplier Network by updating your profile information on the Site. When you opt-out of the Lavante Supplier Network, your company will not be discoverable by other Lavante Customers.
U.S. – E.E.A Safe Harbor Privacy Statement
With regard to certain personal information about an individual that Lavante receives from the European Economic Area and Switzerland (for convenience, collectively the “EEA”), we have committed to handling such personal information in accordance with the U.S. – EEA Safe Harbor Principles.